In March, 2011, the WPB Committees were reworked to better align with the goals of our Master Plan. There are five committees each with a unique mission that is taken directly from the plan’s recommendations. These committees are:
- Arts Committee is devoted to promoting local arts to maintain WPB’s creative identity and help artists remain in the community and active in the community.
- Promote WPB Committee aims to spread the word to generate buzz, intrigue, and excitement about the area and the people, businesses, and organizations that make the area unique.
- Guide Development was created to manage change by embracing a proactive role in shaping WPB’s unfolding future.
- The Transportation: Bikes, Peds and Passengers Committee strives to foster multi-modal mobility and circulation along WPB’s corridors.
- The Clean, Green and Safe Committee is tasked with 3 recommendations:
- Spruce up the place to improve cleanliness and appearance of WPB’s streetscapes without sterilizing them.
- Keep an Eye on Things to increase public safety along WPB’s corridors.
- Greenify to become a more environmentally sound and ecologically sensitive community not only in ideas and ideals but in practice and on the ground.
WPB Committees are open to the public and participation is encouraged. For information and meeting times for a specific committee, visit the committee’s page by clicking on its name above. Anyone can apply to be a voting member of a committee; voting committee members do not have to live/rent/own property in the district. To become a voting committee member, you must submit an application, and be formally approved by the WPB Commission. View amendment to Article V of the WPB by-laws, for more information and an application.